SMS – Student Mobility for Study
BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL IN IASI
Please send by email to email@example.com, 5 working days before the start of the mobility at the latest, the following documents:
- Grant Agreement dully filled-in – scanned copy (signed) + Word version
- Learning Agreement for Studies (download) / Learning agreement for Traineeships (download) – dully filled – scanned copy (signed by the grantee and the home university)
- Guide how to use the Learning Agreement for Studies (download) / Guide how to use the Learning Agreement for Traineeships (download)
- Erasmus+ Student Charter (download)
- Electronic ticket
- For studies: health insurance policy / For traineeships: health insurance policy, liability insurance policy and accident insurance policy
In accordance with Erasmus+ financial regulations, individual support for Erasmus+ incoming students is of 750 EUR per month within the 2017 contract and 800 EUR per month within 2018 contract (only academic activity period is funded, according to the Invitation Letter).
According to the Erasmus+ financial regulations, you are entitled to a unit travel costs, depending on the distance between the city of your home university and Iasi.
Travel distances must be calculated using the distance calculator supported by European Commission (http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/distance_en.htm). The distance of a one-way travel must be used to calculate the amount of EU grant that will support the round trip:
|Travel distances||Amount for scholarships available within the 2017 contract||Amount for scholarships available within the 2018 contract|
|Between 10 and 99 KM:||-||20 EUR per participant|
|Between 100 and 499 KM:||180 EUR per participant||180 EUR per participant|
|Between 500 and 1999 KM:||275 EUR per participant||275 EUR per participant|
|Between 2000 and 2999 KM:||360 EUR per participant||360 EUR per participant|
|Between 3000 and 3999 KM:||530 EUR per participant||530 EUR per participant|
|Between 4000 and 7999 KM:||820 EUR per participant||820 EUR per participant|
|8000 KM or more:||1100 EUR per participant||1500 EUR per participant|
HERE you can download the grant calculator which will help you calculate your financial support by yourself within the 2017 contract.
HERE you can download the grant calculator which will help you calculate your financial support by yourself within the 2018 contract.
As a beneficiary of an Erasmus+ mobility, you bear the responsibility of concluding and paying for a health insurance policy covering the entire period of your stay in Iasi. The number of the insurance policy and the name of the insurer have to be filled in the Grant Agreement.
For traineeships, as a beneficiary of an Erasmus+ mobility, you bear the responsibility of concluding and paying for a liability insurance policy (covering damages caused by the student at the workplace) and for an accident insurance policy (covering at least damages caused to the student at the workplace).
Erasmus+ students will not be charged any tuition fees at our university. You will, however, continue paying your tuition and/or registration fees in your home university, if this is the case.
UPON YOUR ARRIVAL IN IASI
If you are travelling to Iasi by plane, you can get to the city center (that is where you see the Central University Library on the map) either by the airport bus (bus number 50, every 30 minutes, at a price of 2.5 RON = around 50 eurocents) or by taxi (at a cost of approx. 10 euros).
If you travel to Iasi by train, you can get to the city center or to the residence either on foot (10-20 minutes) or by taxi (for less than 5 euros).
On the first day of academic activity, you are required to come to the International Relations Office ( Building A, 2nd floor, room 8 ) in order to:
- Submit the original inbound boarding passes / travel tickets
- Sign the Grant Agreement in original
Accommodation is available on campus for all our Erasmus+ incoming grantees.
When you arrive in Iasi, you should go directly to the residence; you will receive the key to your room at the reception desk (open 24/7), based on your passport.
Bachelor and Master students will be accommodated in C5 Titu Maiorescu Residence (Campus Titu Maiorescu, Strada Titu Maiorescu 7-9, Iași 700461) – monthly price of 390 LEI.
Doctoral students will be accommodated in Gaudeamus Residence (Strada Codrescu 1, Iași 700479) – monthly price of 580 LEI.
Access to the Internet in the room is possible (using an internet cable from the socket to the laptop).
HERE you can download the CAMPUS MAP for directions in order to get to your residence
- open the bank account (details upon arrival)
- sign the accommodation contract
- pay for the first month of accommodation as soon as you sign the accommodation agreement
- meet with the Erasmus+ Faculty Coordinator
- register at the Faculty Secretary Office (copy of LA + copy of the Transcript of records issued by your home university for the previous year of university studies + copy of passport + 2 small-size photos). Note: Changes to the Initial Learning Agreement have to be done during the first 2/3 weeks after the mobility start: signatures both from host and home university. You are required to bring the changes to the original Learning Agreement to the international relations office and to the secretariat of the faculty where you will be enrolled
- go to the university doctor on campus to hand in your medical certificate issued by your family doctor in your home country or its authorized translation (if the certificate was not issued in either English or French). The certificate should mention that you are not suffering from diseases which endanger public health. You will also need negative blood tests for HIV and VDRL and a pulmonary X-Ray
BEFORE YOUR DEPARTURE FROM IASI
- EU online survey – one month before the end of your mobility you will receive a message from the following address firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting you to fill in an online questionnaire. Please fill in it carefully, with all due attention, as it is used by the Commission to evaluate your stay in Iasi.
- You have to inform us (International Office) after you submit the questionnaire and also send us by email/ bring us the copy of your return ticket.
- 2 or 3 days before the end date of your mobility, you will have to submit to the International Relations Office proof from the bank that you have closed your account in Euro.
- You will receive the Certificate of Stay, which you will have to submit to you home university.
- The Transcript of Records will be given to you before you leave, or sent by email – depending on the time we receive it from the Faculty.
- Note: After the end date of your mobility, you will receive another questionnaire from the Commission, regarding the recognition process at your home university.
AFTER THE END OF YOUR MOBILITY
- EU online survey – within one week after the end of your Erasmus+ mobility, you will receive an email from the European Commission (email@example.com) requiring you to fill in and submit a questionnaire regarding the recognition of your studies by you home university.
- Return boarding passes/ travel tickets – once back home, please send a scanned copy of you return boarding passes/ travel tickets.