SMS – Student Mobility for Study
BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL IN IASI
Please send by email to email@example.com, 5 working days before the start of the mobility at the latest, the following documents:
- Grant Agreement dully filled-in – scanned copy (signed) + Word version
- Learning Agreement for Studies (download) dully filled- – scanned copy (signed by the grantee and the home university)
- Ghide how to use the Learning Agreement (download)
- Erasmus+ Student Charter (download)
- Electronic ticket
In accordance with Erasmus+ financial regulations, individual support for Erasmus+ incoming students is of 750 EUR per month (only academic activity period is funded, according to the Invitation Letter).
According to the Erasmus+ financial regulations, you are entitled to a unit travel costs, depending on the distance between the city of your home university and Iasi.
Travel distances must be calculated using the distance calculator supported by European Commission (http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/tools/distance_en.htm). The distance of a one-way travel must be used to calculate the amount of EU grant that will support the round trip:
|Between 100 and 499 KM:||180 EUR per participant|
|Between 500 and 1999 KM:||275 EUR per participant|
|Between 2000 and 2999 KM:||360 EUR per participant|
|Between 3000 and 3999 KM:||530 EUR per participant|
|Between 4000 and 7999 KM:||820 EUR per participant|
|8000 KM or more:||1100 per participant|
HERE you can download the grant calculator which will help you calculate your financial support by yourself.
As a beneficiary of an Erasmus+ mobility, you bear the responsibility of concluding and paying for an insurance policy covering the entire period of your stay in Iasi. The number of the insurance policy and the name of the insurer have to be filled in the Grant Agreement.
Erasmus+ students will not be charged any tuition fees at our university. You will, however, continue paying your tuition and/or registration fees in your home university, if this is the case.
UPON YOUR ARRIVAL IN IASI
If you are travelling to Iasi by plane, you can get to the city center (that is where you see the Central University Library on the map attached) either by the airport bus (bus number 50, every 30 minutes, at a price of 2 RON = less than 50 eurocents) or by taxi (at a cost of approx. 10 euros).
If you travel to Iasi by train, you can get to the city center or to the residence either on foot (10-20 minutes) or by taxi (for less than 5 euros).
On the first day of academic activity, you are required to come to the International Relations Office ( Building A, 2nd floor, room 8 ) in order to:
- Submit the original inbound boarding passes / travel tickets
- Sign the Grant Agreement in original
Accommodation is available on campus for all our Erasmus+ incoming grantees.
When you arrive in Iasi, you should go directly to the residence; you will receive the key to your room at the reception desk (open 24/7), based on your passport.
Bachelor and Master students will be accommodated in C5 Titu Maiorescu Residence (Campus Titu Maiorescu, Strada Titu Maiorescu 7-9, Iași 700461) – monthly price of 390 LEI.
Doctoral students will be accommodated in Gaudeamus Residence (Strada Codrescu 1, Iași 700479) – monthly price of 580 LEI.
Access to the Internet in the room is possible (using an internet cable from the socket to the laptop).
HERE you can download the CAMPUS MAP for directions in order to get to your residence
- open the bank account (details upon arrival)
- pay for the accommodation as soon as you receive the grant
- sign the accommodation contract
- meet with the Erasmus+ Faculty Coordinator
- register at the Faculty Secretary Office (copy of LA + copy of passport + 2 small-size photos). Note: Changes to the Initial Learning Agreement have to be done during the first 2/3 weeks after the mobility start: signatures both from host and home university
- go to the university doctor on campus to hand in your medical certificate – the authorized translation of a medical certificate issued by your doctor at home, which must mention that you are not suffering from diseases which endanger public health.
BEFORE YOUR DEPARTURE FROM IASI
- EU online survey – one month before the end of your mobility you will receive a message from the following address firstname.lastname@example.org, requesting you to fill in an online questionnaire. Please fill in it carefully, with all due attention, as it is used by the Commission to evaluate your stay in Iasi.
- You have to inform us (International Office) after you submit the questionnaire and also send us by email/ bring us the copy of your return ticket.
- 2 or 3 days before the end date of your mobility, you will have to submit to the International Relations Office the following documents:
- Copy of the Final Learning agreement (if changes occurred during the mobility)
- Proof from the bank that you have closed your account in Euro
- You will receive the Certificate of Stay, which you will have to submit to you home university.
- The Transcript of Records will be given to you before you leave, or sent by email – depending on the time we receive it from the Faculty
- Note: After the end date of your mobility, you will receive another questionnaire from the Commission, regarding the recognition process at your home university.
AFTER THE END OF YOUR MOBILITY
- EU online survey – within one week after the end of your Erasmus+ mobility, you will receive an email from the European Commission (email@example.com) requiring you to fill in and submit a questionnaire regarding the recognition of your studies by you home university.
- Return boarding passes/ travel tickets – once back home, please send a scanned copy of you return boarding passes/ travel tickets.